Monday, October 10, 2011

this kind of day.


it's raining outside. 
it was a downpour - now it's just a drizzle. 
and it doesn't smell like pretty rain - it smells like worms. 
and the sky is gray. 
this is not the good kind.
+++
 it matches my mood. 
i woke up in one. 
and since it's raining - i can't escape the laundry pile.
not helping.


the only cure for this - is adventure.
and finding a good song to match. 
+++
it's gonna be iron + wine. from around the well. i'm pretty sure.
and it's a good thing i've got the cutest plaid umbrella,
this side of the blue bridge.
'cause me and those gavi feets - we're going out. 
+++
cath, get those rain boots on the big brown truck and headed this way. stat!

2 comments:

  1. We had rain over here too...our house sits on the edge of town toward the Blue Mountains...I watched as the rain rolled into the valley. I left the door open just enough to let the outside blow in a little, wrapped my fingers around a hot mug...it was perfect. I grew up in southeast Alaska where it rains more than it shines. It makes something in my soul feel right about rain.

    p.s. what is a pumpkin steamer...sounds just right, right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH! I have some many "rainy day wormy smell" memories of kennewick.... :/ feeling for ya sister!

    ReplyDelete