Wednesday, July 27, 2011

park silly, utah





our first day in utah:
we loaded the mini-van up bright and early with stoyan boys, a pretzel-girl, my mama, and auntie gina. we listened to gavi's high pitched squeals (and some brandi carlile, too) all the way through parley's canyon and into park city. off to have lunch at ali's with her boys. at her beautiful home in the mountains. her beautiful home. 
+++
they met us on the front steps and invited us in for the happiest afternoon. 
we trip-trapped across the creek bridge. we dig-dig-dug in the new sandbox. we soared on the swing-set and filled our bellies with delish. 


am wishing for a home next door. to wake up to those mountains. and that sky.  
+++
am wishing to be neighbors. for a million minutes more to sit and visit without chasing boys. to talk gavin's (she has one, too) and birth stories, and get those recipes. to snap more pictures of jumping boys. and brothers.


i almost lost my gavin to that landscape. pretty sure he was seriously contemplating a jump over the creek in those wheels. he'd reach the mountains in no time. pretty sure he is still talking about that trampoline. in the living room. and how seriously awesome that was. yup, he is. 
+++
so grateful for new friends. we'll be back for sure.  
love, lin

4 comments:

  1. I want to move there too. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when you love the women and families that I love too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we loved having you! loved having charlie sit in my lap and eat chicken. loved talking and playing and watching. made me realize that our baby boy #3 (due anytime now) will fit right in, just as yours does in your trio. come again anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. NEXT TIME--- see me. I don't know if I could ever leave the mountains... i love being outside here. I am glad you had a wonderful day- and hope your boys remember that memory forever.

    ReplyDelete