Sunday, September 5, 2010

a sweetest sunday

 
sunday flowers 001the morning started out in a scattered hurry. this usually happens when the church clothes don’t get laid out the night before and the boys don’t get soaked in the tub on saturday evening. but gavin woke up happy and andrey was willing to help and luc was already singing sweet happy boy songs. i ended up throwing on a pregnant-lady-tent-dress (seriously running out of options to cover this belly over here) tying my hair up in a pony tail and shuffling everyone out to the mini with bananas for breakfast.

we braved the walk-in-late and found a comfy bench near the front. just in time to raise my hand in thanks for my dear brother and his service to our neighborhood ward. just in time to hear his powerful testimony and feel a full heart.

this is not the first time his service in the church has blessed my own little life. i was reminded of the years he spent on his mission in spain that resulted in the baptisms of his three little sisters miles away back at home.
 
here i was today - years later snuggled onto a church pew with ALL of my boys. a bit disheveled but hearts full of gratitude that yet again, my dear brother’s years of service to this church have found me safely right where i was supposed to be.
   sunday flowers 013sunday flowers 031
a dear sweet friend of mine makes sure that the pulpit has beautiful flowers each and every sunday. these beauties are straight from her own rose garden. before leaving church to head home she caught up to me and asked if i would please take them home… “i can’t think of anyone who deserves these more than you today!” she said. and i love her for that. because i needed them.
sunday flowers 019they’ve added such a sweet and happy calm to this house all day long. lucas and i studied them and picked our favorites. we gathered around them for a spontaneous family treat of ice cream and rainbow sprinkles in the middle of the afternoon. they caught the sunshine and lit up my whole home/heart. and i can’t wait to wake up to them and my happy boys in the morning. icecreamy 

happy sunday night, loves.
-lindsay

15 comments:

  1. I will read anything you write. It's magical, your words. Thanks for the dash of beauty this early morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fan. Of you, my dear. A super fan, even. Love you, Lindsay!

    I saw you carry those beauties out yesterday, and it just made me smile from ear to ear. She's right. You deserve them.

    P.S.
    Tent? What are you talking about? You looked lovely yesterday, and I was going to tell you how much I like your dress, but never got the chance.

    So glad you had such a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to hear your whole story one of these days. You Larsen girls are a bit mysterious...

    Those roses are seriously blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous roses. You are a lucky girl.
    And that brother of yours... He has been a blessing and example to many many people - me included.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the way that you are able to express what is in your heart through words, completely warms my heart and makes me happy.
    ~~~
    it's so fun, getting bits and pieces of your beautiful story. i hope, someday, that i will know you better so we can sit down and you can share all of it with me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your blog posts make my heart happy, dear blog friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for writing this. i saw you leave with the flowers, too and you looked great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. you have a gift, and I'm so grateful that you share it here. with all of us. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. can I just copy and paste tharker's comments here...because I agree whole heartedly with every word she wrote!!! You looked lovely on sunday! And I had NO CLUE that was your brother...i am a little slow apparently!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love this--- what a big difference something as small as flowers can do.
    i love ur adventures--- and i continue to think you are lying about being a tent.... not possible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. you seriously have the most beautiful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fresh flowers make everything better, beautiful photos as usual. I have missed you the last time you were here, I want to see that big belly!

    ReplyDelete