Sunday, July 12, 2009

“there’s no place like home. there’s no place like home. there’s no place like home” - dorothy

cowabunga bay 032

<<this years summer shoes - my version of the ruby slippers>>

friday night lucas had a break-down. we were on day eight of a trip that was supposed to only be four days long. he missed his dad. sobbing. he missed his house. more sobbing. he missed his ice cream truck. sob, sob, couldn’t catch his breath sobbbbbbing. my mom visited us in the yellow bedroom snatched up my crying little gavi-baby so i could snuggle lucas in his heartbreak. once they all quieted down we hustled through the late night hours and packed up the green passat after deciding to leave the broke-down (sob, sob, sniff, sniff) gray passat behind.

we’re home.
finally.

6 comments:

  1. I think Andrey felt the same way as Lucas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shoes are much cuter than ruby red slippers. Just don't tell Dorothy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet little guy.

    I'm glad you're home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's such a sad, cute little story! poor lil guy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwww... poor lil gavin. hugs and kisses to him! :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lindsay girl I miss you and your cute ways!! We HAVE to get together, I am seriously going to hunt you down soon!!!

    ReplyDelete