Friday, January 4, 2013

called in sick.


i have this lingering cold.
going on 3 weeks now.

it's not bad enough to keep me down. just bad enough to be annoying. waking up to it again this morning was making me feel a little crazy-lady. so with my mom's texted permission to "hold still" - i climbed back into my pajamas after a hot bath. pulled on a pair of andrey's comfiest socks and cozied up on the couch to finish this book.

after making the decision to call in a "sick day" - it's been the most peaceful morning and is shaping into the most perfect little afternoon. with the surprise of a little sunshine outside for some stir-crazy boys and a batch of baked oatmeal for lunch.

i got this pretty little apron for christmas. it was on the top of my wish list and i plan to tie it around my waist later today and try my hand at these chicken pot pies. comfort food at it's best. my house full of boys will gather up around the kitchen table with the happy addition of my brother, jeffrey and his good conversation.

i can already imagine climbing into my snuggly bed this evening.
after a cuppa warm lemon-honey tea. and the last few chapters of my book.
well rested.
time well spent.
cold kicked. 

1 comment:

  1. You're a wise Momma to take a sick day when needed. I'm always surprised when I allow myself a sick day and take off all the pressure to do great things, I actually end up having a pretty great day, like you did. Maybe there's something to this whole, "simplifying" thing. :) Wishing you a
    non-stuffy,cough-free morning when you wake!

    ReplyDelete