Wednesday, May 2, 2012

an experiment


we made slime!
+ it was a hit. 
happiest boys ever. 
+++
i found several recipes on pinterest
we decided to go with this one. 

pour your glue into a bowl. 
(we used 2 - 4oz. bottles so that both of my boys could do the pouring)
fill the empty glue bottles up with water.
give it a little shake before pouring the water into the bowl.
stir it up and add a drop or two of food coloring. 
we went with gavin's fave - GREEN!
add 1 tsp. of borax to 1/2 cup of warm water. 
slowly add the borax solution to your bowl.  keep stirring!
your slime will develop quickly,
you'll need to use your hands to finish mixing it.

have fun!

7 comments:

  1. awww we shoulda done this when i was over - silly boys

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun, and such a handsome picture of Luc!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my dear,
    I see slime in my future ( wink! )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I just found your blog and I love it! I'll have to wait to try the slime until my little one gets older, but it looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids and I will have to try this one. Love your photo and blog - happy I found you!

    Rachel from creativelittlestars.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your recipe says to put water in the two 4oz bottles and add it to the glue. Then it says to use 1/2 cup of warm water with the Borax. The ingredient list does not specify that extra 8 oz of water...will this make it too watery or is it to be a part of the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 8 oz of water is in addition to the 1/2 cup of water used with the Borax. Have fun!

      Delete