Sunday, February 3, 2008

a slice of peace and quiet

a*love and lucas jude got all bundled up and headed out the door a few minutes ago. off for a manly afternoon of football and buffalo wings. i have been tucked into my bed for the past few days - sicker than a dog. it seems like the raging sick germs have finally calmed themselves down a bit and i am going to snuggle up with my red plaid blankie and use these next few quiet hours to rest and recupperate.
i finally emerged from my bedroom last night and found that andrey and lucas had pitched our tent in the living room and were cuddled up watching videos through the window. our house was completely clean. dishes/laundry/the whole nine yards. there was evidence that luc had been bathed, fed three good meals and plenty of good playing had been done. an armful of fruit andrey had borrowed from my brother/neighbor and a bottled water was waiting for me on the counter. i am convinced my husband is a far better housewife than i'll ever be.
+++

Photobucket
last week was covered in snow. and slush. it came on suddenly (sort of like those pesky sick germs) and dumped and dumped this desert town with piles of the white stuff. more than we've seen around here in a long time. it was beautiful. i love going outside when the storm is finally over. just miles and miles calm. the quiet is almost overwhelming.
Photobucket
i loved tagging along with luc as he made his snowy discovery. he crunched and crunched his footsteps, clapped his mittens and threw the powder in the air, stuck his face in it for a taste and even braved a wild sled ride with his cousins.
Photobucket
the coolest thing in the world is to be in the company of your very own "little" when the earth shares one of her many talents with us. the wonder and amazement is a million times more than it would have been had i been by myself.
Photobucket

with the snow this week also came the news of my dear prophets passing. and just like the storm i was in awe at the calm that followed. i am thankful that my journey so far has brought me here to this week with a great understanding of the gospel and that i was at a place in my life to feel that peace.
+++
and now here we are. february. the calm after the storm. a beautiful fresh month full of celebrating.
we will celebrate amy and her bravery.
we will celebrate sweet amelia and how grateful we are that she was born.
we will celebrate miss natalie brynn... i was the happiest big sister on the planet the day she was born to us.
we will celebrate the marriage of my parents and the many years they have blessed us with how they love eachother.
we will celebrate love with the ones that mean the most to us.
we will celebrate the birth of little faith astoria, my first niece who will need to use both hands now to tell us how old she is...

happy february loves. i must now quickly crawl back in my bed and enjoy these final moments of quiet.
-lin

p.s. did you notice all the links.?.. there has been a sort of blogging revolution happening in my family this week and i must share!

15 comments:

  1. I hope the bug is finally leaving you, I've felt better today but am still a little tired, kudos to Andre, he really loves you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Andrey is a valuable asset! Just today I was in my laundry room thinking about the time he deep cleaned it, even pulled out the washer and dryer to scrub the floor! Dad has a spread of manly football snacks out right now and no one manly to share them with. Andrey is missed! I LOVE the pics of snowy little Luc! Yes, it is a joy to see the world all brand new through your little person's eyes. You have a little bit of peace and quiet time left. Soak up every bit of red blankie juice you can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lin, I am so sorry you are sick. No fun. I hope you wake up tomorrow and its gone just like at 16 weeks right?
    Andrey is amazing. What a fun daddy for Lukey. I'm glad you have him.
    Very fun snow pictures. I love your description of the quiet blanket the snow can be.
    And I love your family! I am going to be the official Larson blog stalker. I hope they don't mind...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are on the mend very soon. Being sick is no fun at all...except maybe when your husband does such a great job keeping everything in order while you're down and out. That actually might be worth all the yucks. Might.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you have a wonderful support system from your family. I love the tent in the living room. Good times while mom is sick.
    What fun you'll have with the whole family involved in blogging now. What a mom you have. I love her occupation. And your sister in law is a gem. Take Care of yourself Sweet Lindsay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i havent gotten sick yet this season and neither has presley, knock on wood.
    i hate to be ill, im sorry you are.
    i woulld come make you some tea if you'd drink some.

    im making a birthday wishlist.
    im almost 22, thats weird.
    i miss you.
    ill see you soon im pretty sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lindsay, I am SO SO SO glad that you were better and able to come to the luncheon today.

    There is something so special about you, about the way you write. Mitch was right, you are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lin i made a small wishlist.
    i really really like this purse but im not too crazy about the handles.
    http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=8914980

    ReplyDelete
  9. acrudele
    is the etsy store name
    i dont know why that link wouldnt work

    ReplyDelete
  10. it sounds like you have been entirely too busy for your own good, but all the while enjoying the snow..i know you will be as saddened as i was to know that i had to drop furniture design...this girl puts too much on her plate sometimes and had to weed something out. your creative vision needs to be let loose in that shop of wonders they call the furniture lab! oh the wonderful things you could do! rach

    ReplyDelete
  11. andrey called me last night to tell me a joke about a horse.

    i was at work busy busy and it made me laugh.

    p.s. my half birthday is in march.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LINDSAY THAT is old hair from when you lived here!
    i took a pic just for you of me this february 6th day.

    i look different from that year ago.
    what are you doing today?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun times, I want to build a tent in my living room and watch movies.. its like an excape from the real world. I'm sorry your so sick but how nice to have a little break so you can feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i knew it - i need a housewife!
    andrey IS a gem. cameron kept talking about andrey and his cool-ness last friday after he spent the day with you guys.

    i hope your sick bug goes away....that the pits, man.

    and thank you for celebrating me....i love you guys...-amy

    ReplyDelete
  15. i mean "that's" not "that"
    dangiiiit

    ReplyDelete