Monday, July 9, 2007

"be this sunset one for keeping... this junebug street sings low and lovely" -iron and win

i've been waiting all day for my night-time-alone-time. my list of things to do come luc's bedtime kept getting longer and longer. soak feet, paint toes, pluck eyebrows, catch up on bloggy reading/writing, make a treat, read magazine, play with new fabric. so here it is and i'm in love with the peaceful quiet of my sleeping boy loves, dim lights, and pete yorn singing softly in the background.
my eyes are droopy. i am deep in the throws of a twelve hour drive hangover. we traveled all day yesterday...my boy and me. home from washington and a great summer vacation full of singing willie and the dry k-town heat. lucas become a boy on this trip. a real boy. he ran around with his cousins, splashed in puddles and ate big boy sandwiches.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
i looked at a house while we were there. not exactly what we want...but i looked. it's a start and i feel washington calling us home. will we listen? i'm not sure. we're still so torn. the great debate is still raging between a-love and i. both of our minds changing from one minute to the next. how do you make a decision like that? maybe we should just pack it up and keep on driving. any suggestions? i visited our storage unit. saw my couch. the big brown box with "luc's nursery" written in marks-a-lot. i wanted to climb in and cuddle up on my very own couch and take a good nap. it was a bit surreal to pull the cord and turn the key on the padlock to all of our belongings. our life as we know it so far is stuffed in that room. hmmm.
i could not wait to get home and share what goodies seven, seven, oh-seven brought to me. a lucky day indeed. i found these:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
at joann's. yes, joann's. did all you crafty ladies out there already know that if you dig enough you might unearth some alexander henry delights at joann's??? why didn't someone tell me?! and at such edible prices too! i couldn't believe my eyes when i spotted the apples and pears out the corner of my eye. i bought the rest of the bolt when my fabric-crazy-heart took over. i don't even know what i'm going to do with it yet. i wanted to make an apron out of it before. but what else?! and the rest! perfect for the comment treats i'm hoping to whip up this week and send out to you lovely commenting friends of mine.
this was waiting for us on the counter when we got home. the summer tank i ordered from quilt baby. it's adorable. too bad lucas was too busy getting into everything that is messy for me to get a picture of him actually in it!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
luc has so many blankets. so many. i imagined him running around with his favorite "lovey" and even tried forcing my favorites of the bunch onto him. i'd snuggle him up with the polka-dot blankie his auntie made...the flannel one my gram crocheted...the space-puppies that faith made him...he would kick them all off. wanted nothing to do with them and especially not to be cuddled up in one. well today...today he carried this thing all over the house. all day. this five dollar receiving blanket i got at old navy. are you serious??!!! this is the one you're going to pick?! ha. sweet boy.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

off i go my loves. to rest this restless head of mine. i wish you happy feet... and dreams of lovely new fabric and smiley baby boys.
love, lin
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. i love you lin, please don't go anywhere but orem!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah lace! it's about time i got a comment from you. buy me a house in orem and we're so there. one with a pool...and maid would be good! love, lin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes...isn't amazing that stuck in those piles of fabrics at Joann's you can find lovely AH ones. I love that. And I can't wait to see what you whip up with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi! i found your blog through allyson hill's. you are so cute and creative! i am headed to joann's right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lino!! How about we make a deal.. you stay around the Utah area until next April, then we can be there together! You can come live with me in Cali, that would be a blast, this place has your name written all over it!
    I'm so glad you got to go play on the river.. such good memories I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. stay in utah, oh please stay in utah! i love having you here. i'll help you find a house. just tell me when and i'll help you look. my friend's a realtor, she can probably help us... love, ang

    ReplyDelete
  7. welcome sara! do you have a blog i can visit? come again and again!
    oh ang... i do need your help. lot's of it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lindsay I wish I had the motivation to give myself pediures!!! Nice way to pamper yourself! I am glad you were able to have a safe, fun trip, it's nice to get a change of scenery once in a while!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are amazing. Sorry about the other day... I was just tired and bugged... I don't know. I feel really bad about just leaving. So don't hate me. I want to hang out with your lil fam more to get to know all of you. We should have you over for dinner sometime, depending on what time your hubby gets home. Thanks for the email. I feel much better... and kinda feel like a brat. Im happy to read your words... and glad that we can be more than just internet friends. I know life is crazy... thats totally fine. Im the same way. Ive just been in such a weird mood this past week... im driving myself crazy! So lets just start over ok? Thanks for everything. Im sorry. Lets try the market again sometime.

    ReplyDelete