Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Shop - by lovely lindsay

Photobucket
my mama sewed for me when i was little. jean overalls, clothes for my cabbage patch dolls, footed pajamas. i can remember the sound of crinkling patterns, the smell of the cotton and thread and the hum of her metal kenmore machine.
****

my obsession with fabric began when i was pregnant with lucas. the discovery of amy butler's nappy bag pattern and the new medium of designer cotton fabrics sent my heart fluttering. the endless online shops that held so many new prints that our local joann's could only dream about. there is nothing more satisfying to me than leaving a quilt shop, clear plastic shopping bag in hand. filled with new freshly folded yards of crisp cotton. i borrowed a sewing machine and got to work.
after this new discovery came the discovery of miss allyson hill and sweet jen of beebee mod. my dearest blogging friends. not only did they inspire me to begin this blogging journey but they inspired me with their well tuned skills and their flourishing etsy shops.
****

andrey snuck away and bought my first sewing machine girl for me. a christmas gift. he still laughs and shakes his head everytime we sit down for dinner next to my machine. he had no idea that he'd be sharing so much of his wife once she was purchased.
Photobucket
since then my fabric stash has grown to huge and my skills have been finely tuned by my crazy sense of perfection when it comes to stitching a straight line.
Photobucket
so here it is. the shop. the lovely lindsay shop. filled with my favorite fabric finds and sweet gifts i've stitched up just for you. a little hobby to fill my creative canteen and a place for you to purchase my goods. nothin' fancy. just lot's of crafty love.
enjoy, dear friends!
love, lin
****
dear danyelle, it's wednesday. midnight on the dot. how did i do?!

19 comments:

  1. YAY! I am so excited to be able to witness this journey of yours. You are amazingly creative - I'm proud to call you my cousin. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I LOOOOVE that bag you are holding. I better work some extra hours! Maybe I can trade my kids to you for that cute bag? Eli likes to wash dishes and take out the garbage. ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAYAYA! You so inspire me lovely lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks completly perfect. My heart sweeled a bit with pride for Lovely Lindsay's Shop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is perfect for you. With your talent and love of the craft of sewing, you will find so much joy in this. Good job, and everything looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited for you Lindsay. Everything looks absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh Lindsay that's exciting I can't wait to see where all this goes. I'm pretty anxious for some reason hahaha. Someday you'll be somethin big. I'm pretty sure of that. Love uuuuuu

    ReplyDelete
  8. diane - i'd make a straight trade for your boys. i love those guys!
    love, lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE IT! I'm so glad you're doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you know these people buying stuff??

    ReplyDelete
  11. You sent my heart fluttering with your love of fabric and the journey of this talent of yours. I am so excited for your shop, and so excited for this boy inside of you! Congrats! I know you'll be a wonderful mother of two active little boys!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah!! I was hoping you'd do it soon! Can't wait to follow along with everything you do!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lindsay, I LOVE the aprons. Thank you, thank you! I have posted a picture on my blog for you to check out. You deserve an etsy shop and deserve to sell lots. The aprons are perfectly sewed and the details of everything...adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so so excited for this moment, your stuff is beautiful! Congrats Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, (I'm Kristin Andelin's sister) I just wanted to check out your shop. I love every beautiful in it! I can't wait to see what you create next! Love it!

    ReplyDelete